So I just saw The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug today and I still can’t believe it’s been a year since the last one! Time goes by SO fast!
This movie was stupendous! Just amazing, really. I couldn’t put into words how much I loved this film! I thought waiting a year would be way too long for this movie, but watching the final product, it was so worth it! Before writing about my favorite scenes, I want to talk about Smaug! WOW. That is all I could say when I saw Smaug for the first time. The detail on him is incredible! I was just admiring him throughout all his scenes. And of course, Benedict Cumberbatch did an amazing job voicing Smaug. 😉 Now onto, my new favorite character out of The Hobbit series, Evangeline Lilly’s character, Tauriel. I’d been waiting for Tauriel ever since they announced they were adding her to the movie series! She was AWESOME! I know a lot of people, who are fans of the book were a bit upset, but I felt her character really added something to the movie. But of course, we now have Legolas who is back! All I can say is that it brought a big smile to my face.
Another thing about this movie is that it doesn’t exactly focus on Bilbo. It focuses on almost all the characters. So instead of just Bilbo (don’t worry! There’s still a lot of Bilbo!), it focuses on the entire ensemble, which I thought was nice.
Now… I do have a few favorite scenes from The Hobbit: DoS. Here they are in no specific order:
1. All of Tauriel’s fighting scenes. She’s just that cool!
2. Smaug. Everything about Smaug. His voice, the way he looked so real, it was all too amazing and blew me away!
3. The Barrel Scene! Haha! That was hilarious!
4. The Golden Dragon. That scene was so beautiful!
5. The Spider Attack! While, I thought it looked to real for me to be comfortable, it still looked absolutely stunning!
6. Legolas and Tauriel taking down all those orcs!
7. Bilbo helping get open the entrance to The Lonely Mountain.
8. That whole scene of just Bilbo and Smaug!!! Ahh, I loved it!
Okay, okay. I’m pretty sure I could go on and on! I just have a lot of favorite scenes in that movie.
Have YOU seen The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug?! If so, what is your favorite spoiler free moment from the film? Please leave a comment below, I’d love to hear! Thanks for reading!